When watermelon is in abundance, this is a great way to use it. Bobby Flay purees seedless watermelon chunks, then strains the juice through a sieve and mixes it with silver tequila, sugar syrup, blueberries, mint and fresh lime juice.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 cups diced seedless watermelon (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 3/4 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, plus 8 sprigs for garnish
- 1 1/4 cups silver tequila
- HOW TO MAKE IT
- Step 1
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a simmer with the sugar and stir over moderate heat until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute; let the sugar syrup cool.
- Step 2
- In a blender, puree the watermelon until smooth. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and strain the watermelon juice, pressing gently on the solids to extract as much juice as possible. Discard the pulp.